Continuous protection and monitoring is an essential requirement for critical rotating plant in many areas of industry. Whether you are generating power, pumping essential fluids or driving process equipment – it’s vital to monitor the machine dynamic behaviour through the measurement of vibration, speed, expansion and temperature, in addition to other parameters. For over 40 years Sensonics has been at the forefront in developing the most sophisticated condition monitoring systems and products which help industry to monitor and protect critical rotating plant.
A proven track record From its Hertfordshire, UK base Sensonics is proud of its reputation as a leading manufacturer of condition monitoring systems. This is underlined by the ongoing success of the innovative Sentry G3 system which represents the third generation of the Sentry concept – evolved from 40 years of real world applications.
The Sentry G3 Machinery Protection Concept is a rack mounted, high performance sensor conditioning and monitoring system. It provides a universal platform for the interfacing of various sensor types to meet with the demanding application of rotating machine protection.
Features and Benefits
Sentry G3 is designed so that each plug-in module provides up to four measurement channels. These can be independently programmed to provide continuous monitoring and protection facilities across a broad spectrum of sensor regimes (including vibration, expansion, temperature, speed and position).
Independent Alarms – High Integrity
Utilising the latest DSP technology, once a channel is configured and running, the resulting alarm relay and analogue output facilities remain independent from the
other module functionality.This results in a scalable, high integrity configuration suitable for IEC61508 applications.
Immediate Viewing – Easy Access
Each module is provided with an intuitive colour LCD display and menu drive facility to provide immediate viewing access to the machine parameters. Several modes of display are available including bar graph, FFT an alarm historian.
Machine Measurement Modes
- Absolute and Relative Vibration
- Shaft and Valve Position
- Speed, Phase and Reverse Rotation
- Differential and Casing Expansion
- Temperature and Process
Overspeed Protection System
- High Integrity 2oo3 Voting
- IEC61508 SIL-3
- Individual Channel Trip Testing
- Signal Injection Capability
- Reaction time <10ms
- Dual Redundant Power Supplies
- Fully Independent Modules
- Steam Turbines
- Industrial Gas Turbines
- Hydro Electric Machines
- Electric Motors and Generators
- Centrifugal Pumps and Compressors
- Axial and Reciprocating Compressors
- Horizontal and Vertical Pumps
- Fans and Blowers
- Universal Module for all Measurements
- Field Upgradeable
- Hot Swappable Modules
- LPF, HPF, Tracking and Notch Filters
- Programmable Warning and Danger Alarms
- Programmable Transducer Supply
- Dual Redundant Power Supply
- Gateway Communication Module
- USB Programmable
Turbine Specialist Measurement Modes
- Shaft Eccentricity
- Differential Ramp Expansion
- Rotor / Stator Air Gap