Leeb Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-D2-R is designed for rapid non-destructive hardness testing of various objects.
Leeb Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-D2-R uses dynamic method of hardness testing.
Leeb probe is used for measuring the hardness of non-ferrous metals, cast iron, materials with coarse-grained structure, solid products, etc.
Leeb method for the hardness testing
The dynamic Leeb probe (dynamic D1 DC-type) is used for hardness measuring of massive objects (more than 5 kg, and more than 10 mm) and made of steels non-ferrous metals, cast irons, coarse-grained materials, e.t.c. Also, dynamic method perfectly complements with UCI hardness measuring method when UCI method is not applied.
This method is very fast and easy: place the probe on tested object vertically to the object surface, charge the spring using special tip, press the button on the top of the probe to make measurement and save the hardness value, shown on the display. NOVOTEST-D2-R automatically calculates hardness for a wide range of materials, like steel, stainless steel, aluminum or cast iron, etc.
The combined hardness tester is the most universal, needs no recalibration, and is fully operational “out of the box”.
- Hardness testing of standard steels and alloyed steels
- Hardness testing of cast iron and nonferrous metals
- Testing of tensile strength of carbonized steels products of pearlite class for tension
- Implementation of the rebound method (dynamic)
- Allows user to test the products with weight more than 5 kg and thickness more than 10mm without any additional actions
Restrictions about the using of Leeb Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-D2-R
If user need test items which are weighing less than 5 kg or thinner than 10 mm, he has to lap tightly the tested product to a surface of the base plate which are weighing more than 5 kg.